INTO George Mason University
George Mason University
Our prime location just outside Washington, D.C. makes Mason the destination for students from all over the world. As the largest university in Virginia, Mason offers all the experiences of a large research institution, yet embodies a community approach as we work closely with our students both inside and outside the classroom.
Before you can enjoy all of the perks of being a Mason student – a gorgeous campus, flexibility with nearly 80 undergraduate majors, 22 Division I NCAA athletic teams, more than 300 clubs and organizations, and an exciting campus culture – you first need to apply to Mason.
Pathway and English Language Programs
INTO George Mason University's Undergraduate and Graduate Pathway programs are ideal for international students who need additional English language and academic preparation before continuing to a degree program at a US university.
INTO Mason’s English language programs are for students who want to become confident English speakers by studying at a US university.
Why study at INTO George Mason University?
- Take the first steps toward earning a U.S. university degree at one of America’s up-and-coming research institutions.
- Study on a safe, secure, and friendly campus near the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C.
- Live, learn, and have fun with students from all 50 states and 125 countries.
- Enjoy full access to all university resources, services, and facilities.
- Learn in small classes taught by university instructors.
- Earn academic credits that apply toward George Mason University degree programs.
- Progress to a George Mason University degree program upon successful completion of a Pathway program.
About Fairfax, Virginia
With a population of just 24,000 and only 45 minutes away from the capital city, Fairfax combines the charm of a small town with the opportunities of a thriving urban area.
A location that connects you to the world
Conveniently located in the suburbs of the Washington, D.C., metro region, the city of Fairfax, Virginia takes pride in its impeccably landscaped streets, historical buildings and neighborhoods, outstanding cultural amenities, and nationally recognized livability.
Free shuttle buses for George Mason University students can help you get to the Vienna Metro station, the nearest Metro stop to the Fairfax Campus, which connects you to Washington, D.C., in less than one hour. Students can easily access research institutions and art centers like:
- The National Archives
- Library of Congress
- Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Smithsonian Institution museums
- National Academy of Sciences
George Mason University rankings
- #59 among top 100 world universities under 50 years old (Times Higher Education, 2013)
- #72 Top Public Schools in the National Universities Rankings (U.S. News & World Report, 2014)
- Ranked 176 of universities worldwide and 78 in the US (Academic Ranking of Worldwide Universities, 2012)
- One of only 75 public universities in the US out of 99 high research institutions with the Carnegie Foundations’ High Research Activity designation
- Top 40 most diverse public universities in the country (U.S. News & World Report, 2013)
Key University Facts
- Founded - 1972
- Enrollment - 33,917 (Undergraduate - 21,990;Graduate - 11,927)
- International students - 2,000+
- No.of countries represented - 125
- Faculty - 1,660+
- Colleges - 12 (College of Science,College of Business,College of Engineering, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Visual and Performing Arts, Honors College, New Century College, College of Natural Sciences, College of Education and Human Development,School of Conflict Analysis and Resolution,School of LAw,School of Management,School of Public Policy,Volgenau School of Engineering.)
- Graduate Pathway in Arts Management
- Graduate Pathway in Graphic Design
- Graduate Pathway in Accounting
- Graduate Pathway in Business Administration (MBA)
- Graduate Pathway in Management
- Graduate Pathway in Real Estate Development
- Undergraduate Pathway in Business
- Graduate Pathway in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Computer Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Electrical Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Geotechnical, Construction and Structural Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Software Engineering
- Undergraduate Pathway in Engineering and Computing
- Graduate Pathway in Global Health
- Graduate Pathway in Health Informatics
- Graduate Pathway in Health Systems Management
- Graduate Pathway in English
- Graduate Pathway in Global Affairs
- Graduate Pathway in Psychology
- Undergraduate Pathway in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Graduate Pathway in Applied Information Technology
- Graduate Pathway in Applied and Engineering Physics
- Graduate Pathway in Bioinformatics Management
- Graduate Pathway in Compuational Science
- Undergraduate Pathway in Science
Sports Science & Management
- Graduate Pathway in Forensic Science
United States of America, a federal republic consists of 50 states. All the states lie in the mainland expect Alaska and Hawaii Islands. Alaska lies next to North West Canada and Hawaii, 3700 km off the west coast of the mainland.